Converting the Masses: A Proven Formula for Profitable Speaking
by Dustin Mathews | June 5, 2011
What if I told you that there is a strategy for increasing your conversions while actually doing less work? Would you be interested in knowing?
I gotta tell you this isn't a new whiz bang internet strategy, but rather one that Dan Kennedy, Bill Glazer and the world's most well-known authors and info-marketers use to build their empires.
Ok, here it is...speaking.
Not public speaking but speaking for profit. Seriously.
Look, if you've ever given a thought to doing webinars, teleseminars, and presentations, then you owe it to yourself to pay close attention to what I'm about to share with you.
In a moment, I'm going to reveal our proven formula for converting audiences into cash. In fact, we know it to be the most effective way to get new customers short of selling one to one...which is incredibly not scalable.
It's important that you know that what I'm about to share with you isn't theory...but rather battle tested in the real world.
This blueprint was crafted by my partner Dave VanHoose who has over 3000+ platform presentations under his belt. In fact, this same blueprint helped him generate over $14 million in sales and a spot on theInc. 500 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (No. 35).
So with that said...as they say...let's get on with the show.
The 7 Figure Speaking Empire Blueprint
- Grab Their Attention - Open your talk POWERFULLY with a moving story, emotional video, impactful demonstration, funny jokes, or even by asking questions to take control of the crowd right from the start.
- Build Rapport - Before the crowd will listen to your message, you must build rapport throughout your presentation. Telling stories, walking into the crowd, and asking questions are just a few of the most impactful ways of doing this.
- Gain Credibility - The question the audience is silently asking themselves is, "What makes this person qualified to talk about this subject?" So prove it to them with your accomplishments.
- Target A Problem They Have (Or Don't Know They Have) - Also known as turning up the pain, you'll need to bring up a problem that the audience has and then make them aware of it. Great speakers can get the audience to own the problem.
- Show Them There Is A Solution - After turning up the pain, you must show the crowd a solution. For maximum sales conversions, present your product, service, etc. as that pain relief.
- Set Expectation - It's the classic formula: tell them what you're going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you've told them. Just as important, is letting them know what you are here to do: "sell them" ... on a product or an idea.
- Give Social Proof - You could talk until you are blue in the face proving a point or concept, but the majority of people won't believe you. Show them testimonials, checks, bank statements, or other proof elements to get them to believe.
- Show The Benefits - So many speakers think the way to sell people is by telling the audience about the features. People don't buy on features. They buy because of the benefits your product or service brings to them...so show them the benefits.
- Make An Irresistible Offer - Nowadays, you can't simply offer a single product. You'll find that if you want to increase your sales, you must provide additional value through bonuses. Reports, phone calls, audios, software, and additional products make great bonuses.
- Reverse The Risk & Give Them A Guarantee - The #1 reason why people don't buy your product or service is because they've been let down in the past. If you truly believe in your product, tell them and give them a risk free guarantee.
- Give Them A Deadline/Make It Scarce - Have you ever noticed you'll get more accomplished when there is a deadline? Same thing applies to getting people to take advantage of what you are offering. Let them know there is scarcity or a deadline and that they must take action NOW.
- Call To Action - Most speakers tighten up when it comes time to make their offer. You must tell them to take action and how to do it. The simplest way is to ask them, "How many of you would like me to share with you the same system that has made me successful?"
Just like Dan Kennedy leveraged speaking at Peter Lowe's Success Tour to gain new clients and members...so can you now that you have the formula.
Industry insiders know Dustin Mathews as the "secret weapon," quietly working behind the scenes with some of the world's most sought after speakers, gurus and information marketers. Co-Founder of the 7-Figure Speaking Empire, Dustin is known for creating "marketplace frenzies" that drive people to buy millions in products and services online and offline. www.SpeakingEmpire.com/
Glazer-Kennedy Insider's Circle, owned and operated by internationally known marketing personalities Dan Kennedy and Bill Glazer, is THE place where truly smart, progressive, aggressive entrepreneurs with a love of marketing, a sincere desire to get rich and richer (with no apologies for doing so), and an optimistic, forward-looking attitude, gather to exchange and share timely information and "what's working today" strategies and examples. Get Bill Glazer's #1 Bestselling Book, "Outrageous Advertising" for FREE. Click here.