Value Creation in Privately Held Businesses
Thursday, February 16, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (ET)
Value Creation in Privately Held Businesses
Reconceptualize. Reposition your business growing in VALUE not just revenue.
Presented by Business Innovation & Growth (BIG) and Value Growth Institute
|Date:||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2012|
|Time:||8:00 am – 6:00 pm|
11949 Steele Creek Road, Charlotte, NC 28273
Entrepreneurs want to create wealth and value in a company for an attractive exit some day. Many successful entrepreneurs create value in their businesses and for themselves by focusing on mission-critical activities. However, not every entrepreneur is trained to recognize what will boost the value of their company.
The reality is that most businesses are simply trying to make ends meet. Most will not be 10-out-of-10 performers. In every industry there are businesses who struggle, and there are those who do extremely well. So what's the difference?
Come and learn “Value Creation in Privately Held Businesses!” It will help you reconceptualize and reposition your business growing in VALUE not just revenue! Our top industry experts in “value creation” include entrepreneurs:
- One and only world renowned “reality check” value expert; Rob Slee, founder of Robertson & Foley and MidasNation. Mr. Slee published four industry best-selling books and gives average 90+ live talks annually.
- Steve Wilkinghoff is the best-selling author of the book, "Found Money – Simple Strategies for Uncovering the Hidden Profit and Cash Flow in Your Business."
- Philip Maung CEO of Hissho Sushi, recognized by the White House for his visionary leadership in tough economic times and attended the President's address to a joint session Congress as a guest of First Lady, Michelle Obama in 2011.
- Best-selling author of "Show Me The Money", Chia-Li Chien. The New York Times named Chia-Li Chien the best blog and newsletter in the U.S. on the topic of private business value creation.
- Dr. Jeff Wang, President POETICA LLC. Leading expert in how to obtain funding from China.
This is an excellent opportunity to hear from an exceptional group of Value Creation Experts!
|8:00 to 8:40 am||Registration & Networking|
|8:40 to 9:00 am||Open remarks|
|9:00 to 10:30 am||How to Turn Your Business Into Gold?||ROB SLEE, FOUNDER OF MIDASNATION|
|10:30 to 10:40 am||Break|
|10:40 to 11:55 pm||Why Do I Have All These Customers but No Money??||STEVE WILKINGHOFF AUTHOR, FOUND MONEY|
|11:55 to 12:45 pm||Buffet Lunch|
|12:45 to 1:30 pm||Value in customer service!||Philip Maung CEO of Hissho Sushi|
|1:30 to 1:35 pm||Break|
|1:35 to 2:45 pm||Are you growing a Valuable business?||CHIA-LI CHIEN, Chief Strategiest of VALUE GROWTH INSTITUTE|
|2:45 to 3:00 pm||Break|
|3:00 to 4:30 pm||How to obtain funding and position your business in China||Jeff Wang, Ph.D. CEO POETICA LLC|
|4:30 to 6:00 pm||Networking & Hissho Sushi Reception|
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Program Sponsor: Value Growth Institute
Charlotte Regional Technology Executive Council (CRTEC)
Entrepreneurs Organization (EO)
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
Women’s President Organization (WPO)
The Women's Business Center of North Carolina
How to Turn Your Business Into Gold? by ROB SLEE | FOUNDER OF MIDASNATION
This Program shows owners, managers and advisors to privately held businesses how to dramatically increase the value of these businesses –even in terrible economic times.
- Empower you to dramatically increase business revenues with minimal or no investment
- Show you how to become a Value Architect in your business, allowing you to leverage your expertise and increase your productivity tenfold
- Teach you how to become and stay financially independent in an increasingly risky business environment
Rob has owned equity positions in a variety of mid-sized private businesses. He has authored more than 150 articles, and his books are considered seminal works in finance and strategy for private companies. Rob is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Miami University, and holds a Masters degree from the University of Chicago and an MBA from Case Western Reserve University. However, Rob is best known as the father of Jen and Jessie Slee, his identical twins.
Why Do I Have All These Customers but No Money?? by STEVE WILKINGHOFF | AUTHOR, FOUND MONEY.
How can you grow profitably if you’re not targeting the right customers? So many entrepreneurs avoid the question altogether. In this session you'll learn why customer profitability is critical to business success and the actions to take in your business to reverse it.
• 3 steps necessary to measuring customer profitability in your business
• Common reasons for not measuring customer profitability, and how to overcome them
• Applying customer profitability to create a Customer Profitability Map
Steve Wilkinghoff is the best-selling author of the book, "Found Money – Simple Strategies for Uncovering the Hidden Profit and Cash Flow in Your Business." Steve works with business owners around the world helping them integrate their activities, tactics and strategies to proactively create the financial results they WANT. Steve’s viewpoint of how businesses create money for their owners will forever alter the way you look at your business, your products and services, and your customers. Find out more at www.foundmoneybook.com
Value in customer service! by Philip Maung CEO of Hissho Sushi
Philip Maung was nominated as a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2006. In 2007, Entrepreneur Magazine named Hissho Sushi to its Hot 500 list of fastest growing businesses in America. In 2009, Maung received the prestigious Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award for the Southeast division, as well as a National Finalist. In 2010, Hissho Sushi was named one of the nation's top entrepreneurial companies in the position of 3184 in Inc. 5000 for the second consecutive annual ranking;and was in the Top 100 in the Food & Beverage Companies. He was recognized by the White House for his visionary leadership in tough economic times and had the honor attending the President's address to a joint session Congress as a guest of First Lady, Michelle Obama, on September 8th, 2011.
Are you growing a VALUALBE business? by Chia-Li Chien | CEO of Value Growth Institute
You’ve successfully started your own business and have created a comfortable lifestyle. Ask yourself, “are you TRULY growing a VALUABLE business?”
This presentation shows owners of privately-held businesses how to avoid mistakes in growing business and how to effectively build up the VALUE foundation. You’ll learn:
1. What makes a business valuable? (form investors/buyers' perspective)
2. What mistakes to avoid while building your business?
3. Strategies you can put to use today to begin building value for your business .
Chia-Li Chien, CFP®, CRPC, PMP; Chia-Li like “JOLLY!” She is chief strategist at Value Growth Institute, dedicated to creating business value that transforms your world. Chia-Li is also a Midas Advisor to MidasNation, a community dedicated to helping private business owners increase the value of their firms. She is the award-winning author of Show Me The Money and faculty member of American Management Association. Her business blog and newsletter was recently named a top small business resource by the New York Times “You’re the Boss” blog.
How to obtain funding and position your business in China?
by Jeff Wang, Ph.D. | President POETICA LLC
Are you entering the Chinese market with a sound working strategy and trusting partners? You will learn:
• China as a potential (and increasingly important) source of funding
• What are the Chinese investors looking for?
• How to position for Chinese markets? The three REs
• What to watch out for your Intellectual Properties in China?
Dr. Jeff Wang is the founder and CEO of Poetica LLC; specializes in market entry and partnership management for business enterprises in U.S. and China, and in selecting emerging products and technologies for commercialization and further growth. Jeff is an adjunct professor at Colorado State University’s College of Business, a member of Executive Advisory Board of Colorado State University Denver Executive MBA Program, and a member of Advisory Board of Colorado China Council. He is the leading expert of business development in China.